Anniversary dining

To celebrate our 21st Wedding Anniversary, I considered offering to barbecue up some wieners, open a can of beans, and put on some country music …

… We’re not the jet set
We’re the old Chevro-let set
Our steak and martinis
Is draft beer with weenies
Our Bach and Tchaikovsky
Is Haggard and Husky
No, we’re not the jet set
We’re the old Chevro-let set
But ain’t we got love …

However Janet’s tastes are more refined than mine, so I thought better of it. This evening we’ll be trying out Chandeliers, Prince Albert’s newest restaurant.

7 Responses to “Anniversary dining”

Is that today? Happy Anniversary!

Let us know how the restaurant was. I’m curious to know.

2. Linea says:

Yeah, I ‘m curious to know too – since we decided to try them out for Mother’s Day. If it is really scary warn us. Please.

It was a lovely evening. The space has been completely renovated, and it’s been done up with class. The food, ambience, and service were all excellent. If you want large helpings at a budget price then don’t go, but if you’re looking for that occasional “fine dining” experience, I recommend it.

Janet’s only very tiny criticism is that the creme brullee (sp?) had a chocolaty layer … somehow the flavours didn’t work for her.

Kudos to entrepreneur Mr. Bocian for believing and investing in the downtown.

4. janet says:

Hmm, it was very nice. The atmosphere is relaxing and warm, even though at first the air temperature was really cold … I think they were being a bit premature with the air conditioning, although they DID turn up the heat after a while.
    The food is good. The bruschetta has a great sweet and zesty flavour due to the red onion, although my preference is to have it served on soft bread rather than thinly-sliced toasted baguette.
    And Phil has already given my opinion on dessert … I really don’t think creme brulee should be mixing its flavours (and our waitress even told me that perhaps I should come in when the chef is making the raspberry and vanilla one …)
    All in all though, a great addition to our downtown.

5. Randall says:

Ah, good to know, I was wondering.

And the price? Was it more in the Amy’s range or the Boston Pizza range?

See, I said that Janet’s tastes are more refined than mine. I think that Janet’s home-made bruschetta on her soft home-made focaccia bread is great, and I think that Chandeliers’ bruschetta on their thinly sliced and toasted focaccia is also great. But I also like baked brown beans on Wonder Bread.

Randall – The price is more in the Amy’s range.

7. Tammy says:

Do you know who the chef is? They were looking not so very long ago and I wondered if they’d open on time.

Sounds like a nice evening, but I thought the barbeque sounded good too.
    I wouldn’t have liked the chocolate either. It’s a delicate dessert, so keep it that way.