Unwigged, unplugged, unspandexed …

… generally untapped.

If I lived in Vancouver I might make an effort to go see the Unwigged & Unplugged concert by the touring Spinal Tap.  Besides performing songs from the Spinal Tap mockumentary, and from their album Break Like The Wind, they will be doing songs from The Mighty Wind. (I did  enjoy the music of The Folksmen).

Spinal Tap - The Folksmen

11 Responses to “Unwigged, unplugged, unspandexed …”

They’re in Vancouver the week before the annual meeting! Dang. That would be a great concert.

Time to revisit both films, I think.

Marc, we have both DVDs – let me know if you’d like to borrow them. Or maybe we can arrange a Break Like The Wind evening at our place.

3. Dixie says:

Ooo, that would be a fun night.

I can’t believe we’ll miss them in BC by 5 days!!!

We have both DVDs as well. Do you have the special edition of Spinal Tap? The band commentary over the film is itself worth the price of the DVD. If you don’t have that one, you should borrow it.

And the Break Like the Wind evening would be great fun!

6. Mr. C.C. says:

I didn’t think you are into that kind of music Phil. I wonder what you would look like with that style of hair and that style of dress.

7. Toni says:

Last year I was at a Music show at London and did a real double take.

Walking through the crowd I *thought* I saw Nigel Tufnel.

It was actually Michael Angelo Batio.

He LOOKED just like Nigel Tufnel with lines.

He also then went onstage for Dean guitars and widdled in a way that would have made Nigel quite proud.

Chris: What makes you think I don’t like the music of The Folksmen? I’m a folkie from way back. And have you ever seen any pictures of me from the 1970s? That wasn’t a wig.

Good satire is just entertaining, and I think those guys do a good job of it whether poking fun at a style of music that I like (A Mighty Wind) or a style that isn’t really my thing (Spinal Tap).

Speaking of old pictures of you, I tried to find you in that forestry crew photo from a few posts ago. Eitger i dont recognize you or you were behind the camera.

Marc, Yes I took the picture.

“There’s a fine line between clever and stupid.” – David St. Hubbins

* * *

“What’s wrong with being sexy?”

“SexIST.”